WE WANT YOU TO COMPLAIN!
Are you unhappy with any aspects of the street maintenance work being carried out by Amey?
If so, we need you to make a complaint about it.
WHY DO WE WANT YOU TO COMPLAIN?
- There are many positives resulting from the Streets Ahead contract that Sheffield Council have with Amey.
- £2.2 billion of investment over 25 years means that every road and pavement surface will be replaced and maintained, and all the street lights will be replaced with newer more efficient LED lights.
- However there are negatives, including planned felling of 18% of Sheffield's (mainly healthy) street trees.
- And the implementation of the good things has often not been up to the standard we all might expect.
- Sheffield Council have admitted that they aren't able to monitor Amey's activities to the full extent needed.
- We need to make Amey fully accountable with members of the public acting as the eyes and ears, making complaints on all occasions where there is bad practice.
SPECIFIC THINGS TO COMPLAIN ABOUT
- Issues with "temporary" Amey barriers;
- Dangerous temporary footpaths;
- Holes in pavements or verges;
- Street lights not working or dark areas at night;
- Shoddy resurfacing work on roads or pavements;
- Old road or pavement surfaces in a particularly poor state of disrepair;
- Issues with replacement trees;
- Issues with road closure notifications;
- This list isn't exhaustive. More details about what to complain about are on the final page of the leaflet distributed around Sheffield.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
Simply click the button below to be taken through to our complaints form. Fill it out and we'll pass it along to Amey for you. Any responses from Amey should come directly back to you.
We also have a Facebook group dedicated to discussing Amey's work around Sheffield.